What’s the Road Summer Series?
It’s a graded summer twilight road racing series over the Western Line circuit (approx. 11km) & Papaiti Time Trial course for Youth, eBike and Adult riders.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an experienced rider or new to the sport – our popular series caters for everyone!
Can I take part if I am new to Cycling?
You don’t have to be a WCC member to take part, but afterwards you’ll want to!
Racing Under the Covid 19 Red Light Traffic Protection Framework
- Please show your vaccine passport (if you’re over 12years and 3months) and scan the Covid Tracer QR code at registration
- All our officials will wear face coverings and we ask all supporters to do so as well
- Don’t forget to practice social distancing. Try putting your bike between yourself & others!
- If you’re unwell, please stay home
- Wednesday 2nd Feb – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 9th Feb – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 16th Feb – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 23rd Feb – Time Trial
- Wednesday 2nd Mar – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 9th Mar – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 16th Mar – Time Trial (Club Champs)
- Wednesday 23rd Mar – Circuit Race
- Wednesday 30th Mar – Okoia Hill Climb (if TM permits) or Circuit Race
Each week we have a $50 Velo Ronny’s Voucher to give away, along with some other goodies!
Circuit Race HQ- St Oswald’s Church, SH3 Westmere
Time Trial Race HQ – Whanganui River Holiday Park, Aramoho
Road Race Grades – Western Line
Open Grades: Massed Start – 1 & 2 lap options of the Western Line Circuit
Youth: Massed Start & HC – 1 x lap of the Western Line Circuit
eBike: Massed Start (individually timed) – 1 & 2 lap options of the Western Line Circuit
Time Trial – Start Opposite Aramoho Top 10 Holiday Park
Out and back along Papaiti Road @1min Intervals
Youth/Short Course 8km (to the flats at Mosquito Point)
Open/Long Course 20km (to the base of the Papaiti Climb)
Time Trial Bikes and Aero Bars are permitted.
Please register by 5.50pm to enable the start order to be finalised.
Youth riders will start first, followed by Open Riders.
Please do not warm up along the course.
Open: $10 per night
Youth & eBike: $5 per night
5.30pm: Registration Opens with My Vaccine Pass (Non Members must sign Waiver)
5.50pm: Registration Closes
5.55pm: Compulsory Race briefing and SPOT PRIZE draw
6.00pm: Racing Starts
Other Key Stuff
1.You only need to register once, whether you’re doing all races or just a few
2. You’ll keep the same number for the series, please hand your number back at the end of each night
3. Please respect the residents property around Race HQ and on the course
4. Post-race banter and refreshments will be provided
5. Results and photos will be posted on Facebook and our website each week
6. Any cancellations due to weather will be posted on Facebook and the website by 4pm on Wednesday.
If you have any questions please contact Cath – email@example.com