What’s the Road Summer Series?
It’s a five race graded summer twilight road racing series over the Western Line circuit (approx. 11km).
- Jan 20, 27
- Feb 3, 17, 24 (no racing Feb 10 due to the Masters Games)
Each week we have a $50 Velo Ronny’s Voucher to give away, along with Columbus Cafe Coffee Vouchers.
Can I take part if I am new to Cycling?
You don’t have to be a WCC member to take part, but afterwards you’ll want to!
Open Grades: Massed Start – 2 x laps of the Western Line Circuit
Youth: Massed Start & HC – 1 x lap of the Western Line Circuit
eBike: Massed Start (individually timed) – 1 x lap of the Western Line Circuit
Open Grades and Youth Points: 1 point per night raced plus points for top 10 – 1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts etc.
eBike: Try and improve your time each week!
Open: $10 per night or pre-pay $40 for the series
Youth & eBike: $5 per night or pre-pay $20 for the series
5.30pm: Registration Opens (Non Members must sign Waiver)
5.50pm: Registration Closes
5.55pm: Compulsory Race briefing and SPOT PRIZE draw
6.00pm: Open Grades start @ 1min intervals followed by Youth & eBike Grades
Other Key Stuff
1. You only need to register once whether you’re doing all races or just a few
2. You’ll keep the same number for the series, please hand your number and transponder back at the end of each night
3. Please use the St Oswald’s Church carpark for vehicles rather than the side of the road
4. Post race banter and refreshments will be provided
5. Results and photos will be posted on Facebook and the website each week
6. Any cancellations due to weather will be posted on Facebook and the website at 4pm each Wednesday